Parry N Punish Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for a New Forum Category - Advice/Support

3 posters

Go down

Request for a New Forum Category - Advice/Support Empty Request for a New Forum Category - Advice/Support

Post by Beefwater Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Id like to request a category for Advice:

This is the place where players will Ask/give advice. They can complain, about characters, complain about their playing.

Over the weekend I recently came across a few Teammates on Ranked match. I beat them and I wanted to tell them why I beat them. I also came across another teammate that beat me, I wanted to ask him why he felt I lost.

Keyword - Communicate.

What we normally do, we lose and go away never knowing why, trying harder and harder. Making the same mistakes over and over. But if we had some one to explain to us what they were thinking, and what mistakes we made, we would evolve much faster. This is different from the General Tekken Thread because it would be more focused on personal growth and interaction with teammates.

This category would have a page for Asking. Another for Advice for/against/improving

A page for videos. A place where instead of showing everyone our absolute best matches where we always win. How about we show them at our weakest, and get some advice from people.

Ive said it before. Put your pride away and use your team to get better. Take your losses like a man, suck it up and ask them why you lost. I think if organized well, it can be streamlined to work well for a team.
Beefwater
Beefwater

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/xbox/2533274791823169

Back to top Go down

Request for a New Forum Category - Advice/Support Empty Re: Request for a New Forum Category - Advice/Support

Post by Wolfram Von Bielefeld Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Isn't that what the guides/rant sections are for?
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Request for a New Forum Category - Advice/Support Empty Re: Request for a New Forum Category - Advice/Support

Post by Crucial Jteam Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 pm

I like this beef water re post this in guides
Crucial Jteam
Crucial Jteam

Back to top Go down

Post by Beefwater Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Wolfram Von Bielefeld wrote:Isn't that what the guides/rant sections are for?

No. Guide section would be something that would be an overall Guide for players. If some one knew enough about their character, they could post up their frames, combos and strats. Then when it comes to gameplay info, as we all know from Levelupyourgame, its is the foundation of understanding. Guides are where people go to understand what they should intend to do.

What I suggested is feedback. A player who is asking for advice on their mistakes, their strengths and their "personal" understanding of the game has no place generally in the "guide" section. If people started filling up the guide forum with random stuff, and if it isnt organized right, youll end up with hundreds of posts and any new comer wont understand where exactly they should go to learn anything. The category I suggested is for players to specifically attack their own Personal flaws or for some one to personally give advice to another players flaws. Its not a generalization, its a personal interaction. Anyone who wants a true guide can go to Tekkenzaibatsu, there is more than enough guides, advice and strats. And clearly there are still players with flaws. What is lacking is the personal look into each person. Their flaws and suggestions on how to improve them.

The saying "Practice makes perfect" isnt exactly correct. A person can play crappy for 100 years and stay crappy. It should say "Perfect Practice makes perfect". Meaning they practice against their own flaws towards their idea of perfection.

This sure as hell doesnt belong in the Rant section. A rant is a a means of speaking or writing in an angry manner. Discipline has no play for temper tantrums. If a person is losing alot, ranting should not be an option. They need to put their pride away, and look to improve despite frustration. This being of course the rant is aimed at better performance and not VENTING, which obviously what a rant forum is for.

I am pretty much suggestion a more structured and organized means of teamwork for this team and this forum.
A) the team would benefit.
B) The forum could possible find a stronger purpose, other than random comments about our daily random thoughts, such as is done on Facebook.

But, if you feel its stupid, it wont bother me none. I tried, I failed, and can never be accused of not caring. Either way works for me.
Beefwater
Beefwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial Jteam Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 am

Beefeater sounds like my old sensie when I used to be in Christian jujitsu he was a true trainer and would do whatever it took to help , good idea beef imma hit up up 2day to train with Michelle
Crucial Jteam
Crucial Jteam

Back to top Go down

Post by Beefwater Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:50 am

Crucial Jteam wrote:Beefeater sounds like my old sensie when I used to be in Christian jujitsu he was a true trainer and would do whatever it took to help , good idea beef imma hit up up 2day to train with Michelle

Haha thanks. My idea of team isnt so much the team roster or how high the level is. I could care less about that crap. I care about you and Me and everyone else becoming amazing players. And through that, people will look at us and say wow.

Let me know when you have some time, we can always play together and help each other work on our flaws. I have a million I cant seem to break.
Beefwater
Beefwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down