Parry N Punish Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfair and frustrated, but I'm figuring it out.

+4
TonberryRx
Crucial Jteam
50percentelf
Beefwater
8 posters

Go down

Unfair and frustrated, but I'm figuring it out.  Empty Unfair and frustrated, but I'm figuring it out.

Post by Beefwater Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm

So as most of us have seen, Kunimitsu is this crazy monster damage dealer. To be honest, it really upsets me because I'm sorry I didnt pre-order the game at X location. So I have had to endure not knowing how to fight this brat. Normally I would put her in practice mode and see what she does. I cant do that.

But luckily I'm seeing the light. This character can combo hard off of lows. And most players have stopped relying on her punish or mix ups and solely built their game around getting that tricky low. Now that people have been abusing those lows (I only recognize two of them, one being a kick to low, and another being a flip to low, sorry I dont know the notations, I cant play her) and am now able to see them and block and parry them, I have noticed it has shut down alot of Kuni players.

Is she a glass cannon? Where once you can always see those lows she gets hit hard? Im not sure yet. But I have ran into one or two Kuni's that didnt use the lows that much and still was able to mix me so bad that I didnt stand a chance. This isnt me QQ'ing about a strong character, this is me pouting and slowly starting to smile again.
Beefwater
Beefwater

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/xbox/2533274791823169

Back to top Go down

Unfair and frustrated, but I'm figuring it out.  Empty Re: Unfair and frustrated, but I'm figuring it out.

Post by 50percentelf Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Being a kuni player I would gladly be able to help you a little bit. I would first like to note that you are unable to parry her kunai sweeps. So her df+3,2 sweep cannot be parried(I believe this is the main sweep your talking about). However it is extremely punishable and any cancel mix up out of it is punishable as well. The other sweep your speaking of I do not use that often but sometimes its good to catch people off guard with it if you haven't used it the whole fight.

Kunimitsu is a high risk high reward character. Its not uncommon to push 100 damage off of df+3,2. However in order to optimize her damage she needs some space to work. For her to acquire this her punishers on block have a LOT of push back. Enough to make some jabs wiff allowing her to launch with df 2. This is one of her strongest qualities in addition to her mix ups and the amount of space she can cover. This being said the last thing you should be doing against Kuni is throwing out moves when she is at a distance. She can and will dash in or stretch and hit you. Some of her moves have more range than they look like because they go off the end of her outstretched kunai. I fight Kunimitsu sometimes online and my stratgey is typically just to block and punish. Play it safe against her, she has a few unblockable launchers but they are slow enough to hit her.

I would also like to state here that she has a throw where she reaches out with her knee and her hand. This can only be broken by holding down. The cancel leaves you both back to back. Try to either turn around with a hop kick or safer just block. She can fight backwards a little bit so its unsettling ending up in that situation. I wrote this off the top of my head so if I think of anything else I'll let you know. If you have any questions I will gladly answer them.
50percentelf
50percentelf

https://www.youtube.com/user/50percentelf?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Unfair and frustrated, but I'm figuring it out.  Empty Re: Unfair and frustrated, but I'm figuring it out.

Post by Beefwater Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Ah..well hopefully they hurry so I can give her a try. Not trying to sound like a cry baby, but from all characters I have taken on, I find her damage output to be the most insane. I almost want to say shes broken. But thats probably of course being I dont know how to fight her just yet.
Beefwater
Beefwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial Jteam Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 am

Im also straight with kunimitsu so i will be glad to hit up practice mode with you and i can show you all her moves so you can study & recognize her moves then parry and punish them lol!
Crucial Jteam
Crucial Jteam

Back to top Go down

Post by TonberryRx Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Hah! I see what you did there!

TonberryRx

Back to top Go down

Post by DyzmalE211 Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 pm

50percentelf wrote:Being a kuni player I would gladly be able to help you a little bit. I would first like to note that you are unable to parry her kunai sweeps. So her df+3,2 sweep cannot be parried(I believe this is the main sweep your talking about).

Good to know, and here I thought my timing was just jacked up when I tried to parry it.
DyzmalE211
DyzmalE211

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonPanther Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Kuni is like my kryptonite. I didn't pre-oder it either and I'm suffering not knowing pretty much all the pre-ordered DLC. I hope they come out soon.

CrimsonPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonPanther Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 pm

order^

CrimsonPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by 50percentelf Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:36 am

Round december is when pre order will be released i think
50percentelf
50percentelf

https://www.youtube.com/user/50percentelf?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonPanther Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:43 pm

awesome

CrimsonPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by A G1ANT SQU1D Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Ya, I think she's just difficult to deal with right now because she's new and we aren't familiar with her. If you're familiar with Mishimas, then Angel won't be that hard to deal with. If you're familiar with Jack-6, then P. Jack won't be that hard to deal with, etc. But Kuni's different. She's unique. After a while of fighting her, the mystery surrounding her will disappear and she won't be so much of a pain. In the meantime, any tips are appreciated. For instance, I didn't know that her D/F+3,2 couldn't be parried. Thanks for that.

A G1ANT SQU1D

Back to top Go down

Post by Beefwater Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:47 pm

So just to update on this for me. I have found no Kuni today that gives me problems so far. Not to say there isnt, Im sure there are millions. But I think most of them rely on that sweep combo starter, and I see it coming 90% of the time. Once I block and punish them 4-5 times, they stop doing it. Then they dont know enough about their character to do anything else, hence I win. If they would only stop relying on that move, and try to figure out her other benefits, Im sure they would have a better chance.

We will see how players are in 6 months. Im betting shes gonna be a beast again.
Beefwater
Beefwater

Back to top Go down

Post by DyzmalE211 Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 am

Nice work. I've gotten a little better against her myself. Still trying to work out the kinks in my Bryan defenses. For a "straight forward" character, only the crappiest of players I take down with little effort.

Just have to keep at it.
DyzmalE211
DyzmalE211

Back to top Go down

Post by Beefwater Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Oh Bryan, for some reason I fall for his Low Sweep (dontknow the name) that leads into a combo literally about 80% of the time. I hate it cause I can always see it, I just dont react. Ive been getting better at not falling for his overhead kick - that leads into a combo. That guys is always a monster to me. He has amazingly fast pokes, great pressure and hell, if you toss in some throws, Im too focused on looking for the low to notice which arm is coming at me in a throw so I dont break it.

Good luck man. If you ever wanna just practice let me know.
Beefwater
Beefwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfram Von Bielefeld Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am

Snake edge. It's 100% if they know what they're doing.
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DyzmalE211 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Beefwater wrote:Oh Bryan, for some reason I fall for his Low Sweep (dontknow the name) that leads into a combo literally about 80% of the time. I hate it cause I can always see it, I just dont react. Ive been getting better at not falling for his overhead kick - that leads into a combo. That guys is always a monster to me. He has amazingly fast pokes, great pressure and hell, if you toss in some throws, Im too focused on looking for the low to notice which arm is coming at me in a throw so I dont break it.

Good luck man. If you ever wanna just practice let me know.

If you see me on, I'm always up for practice. My Alisa needs work and I'm working on Feng Wei.
I mic is spotty some days for the record. Need to get a new one, but not a high priority right now.
DyzmalE211
DyzmalE211

Back to top Go down

Post by Beefwater Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Yea I dont have a working mic either, my cat ate the chord. Been too busy to get a new one.
Beefwater
Beefwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Beefwater Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Wolfram Von Bielefeld wrote:Snake edge. It's 100% if they know what they're doing.

100%?!?! Ok that obviously sounds like some kind of frame advantage or OKI set up. Do tell the details, Id like to at least learn how to avoid this setup because 100% just sounds broken if thats true.
Beefwater
Beefwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum