Parry N Punish Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Elimination Tournament (2 losses until you're out). Opinions? Improvements? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments?

+3
dahellup
Crucial Jteam
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
7 posters

Go down

Double Elimination Tournament (2 losses until you're out). Opinions? Improvements? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments? Empty Double Elimination Tournament (2 losses until you're out). Opinions? Improvements? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments?

Post by Wolfram Von Bielefeld Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:57 am

I think we should try changing the tournament to double elimination style. It looks something like this:

Obviously, there's no way I can keep it organized with just lobby chat which is why we need some way for everyone attending to be able to view the bracket as well.
I have a couple ideas for that. One is that I buy an Xbox Live Vision Camera and use it to take a picture of the bracket and send it to everyone there. Do you guys think that would work? Also, how expensive are those things?

What do you guys think of double elimination format? Basically, you're not out until you lose twice so everyone gets a second chance and the tournament lasts twice as long.
Any other concerns in regards to the tournament format? Suggestions for improvements?

Last edited by Wolfram Von Bielefeld on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Double Elimination Tournament (2 losses until you're out). Opinions? Improvements? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments? Empty Re: Double Elimination Tournament (2 losses until you're out). Opinions? Improvements? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments?

Post by Crucial Jteam Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 am

Yes double elimination maybe a losers bracket ya know the Xbox vision sound like an excellent idea that would be most useful !!!
Crucial Jteam
Crucial Jteam

Back to top Go down

Double Elimination Tournament (2 losses until you're out). Opinions? Improvements? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments? Empty Re: Double Elimination Tournament (2 losses until you're out). Opinions? Improvements? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments?

Post by Wolfram Von Bielefeld Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, double elimination includes a loser's bracket. That's where the "double" comes in. Be sure to look at the link!

I figure we'll just have the winners bracket on the left of the box, and the losers on the right- that way everyone knows who's on the bottom bracket and who's on the top one. And they'll know who to fight. For instance- it says: "Loser of A". All the matches are labeled with a letter on the left. In 'A' Fattedlizard and Assassin are fighting. If Fattedlizard lost, he'd go to the right side and whoever lost 'G' would know they were supposed to challenge him.
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial Jteam Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Lol so is lobby 1 gonna hold the losers bracket or stay in the same room maybe on the bottom side of the room, nevermind i just read the link above this is edited

Last edited by Crucial Jteam on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crucial Jteam
Crucial Jteam

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfram Von Bielefeld Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Edited my post ^
Make sure you examine the link thoroughly. If you change the size to small (top right) it's easier to read. We can't separate into 2 lobbies because it's all 1 tournament. The grand finals will be between one person from losers, and one from winners.
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dahellup Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 pm

get the vision camera and when is the next tourney
dahellup
dahellup

Back to top Go down

Post by BVBnA7X Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:52 am

sounds like fun

BVBnA7X

Back to top Go down

Post by DyzmalE211 Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:56 am

I should be able to start participating in a few tourney now myself. Sounds like a plan. Lately I've been online after they start.
DyzmalE211
DyzmalE211

Back to top Go down

Post by AssassinTheShyt Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 am

sounds great

AssassinTheShyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Epitome, M.C. Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Is there one this Weekend?? *hopeful upward inflection

Epitome, M.C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial Jteam Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 pm

I wanna do one this weekend my dr b is a better lol warp mind are we doing one today or 2morrow
Crucial Jteam
Crucial Jteam

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfram Von Bielefeld Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Sorry, I've been busy and only got a handful of responses both here and on xbox, so I decided not to bother with anything. I guess we can next weekend or something.
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial Jteam Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 am

Did you get the chance to get a Xbox live vision camera on Black Friday lol
Crucial Jteam
Crucial Jteam

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfram Von Bielefeld Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 am

No, it seems I'll have to buy one online today- no one sells them anymore!
Razz
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Wolfram Von Bielefeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down